Last updated 14th November 2022
This document is one of the following legal documents related to the use of this website:
Who are we?
Snappy Tickets is an online ticketing software provider. We have been contracted by the Event Organiser to deliver online ticketing services on their behalf. Therefore, Snappy Tickets is the Data Processor acting on behalf of the Event Organiser, who is the Data Controller, and it is the Event Organiser who decides what happens to your Personal Data.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide to us. We collect information from you when you fill in forms on Snappy Tickets (including when you register to use our Services). This information may include, but not limited to:
- your name
- your address
- your email address and phone number
- details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfilment of your orders. All payments are made through our payment processors. All card details are provided direct to the payment processor and we only receive transaction details. We do not store card details on our server.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Use of your data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process ticket bookings (including the booking and payment processing)
- To send you email communication regarding your booking
- To assist you with any query that you may have with your booking or payment
- We may also use your data to perform quality assurance, sales analysis or other business analyses.
Sharing your personal data
Snappy Tickets will not use your contact details for any marketing activities, and Snappy Tickets does not sell Customer contact details to Third parties. Snappy Tickets will only contact you regarding an existing booking, booking attempt or when you contact us.
As we act on behalf of the Event Organiser, we will forward your contact details and booking information to the Event Organiser of your selected event. The Event Organiser will use this information to:
- Manage ticketing for an event
- Dispute resolution
- Customer service
- Notification of any changes to the event
- Undertake sales, campaign or demographic analysis.
The Event Organiser is responsible for their own compliance with GDPR, and you agree that Snappy Tickets is not responsible for the actions of the Event Organiser concerning your Personal Data.
Snappy Tickets does not currently have a mailing list or run Marketing Campaigns. However, it does keep a list of registered users, used purely for the purpose of accessing the website.
The Event Organiser is responsible for their own compliance with Data Protection laws, and you agree that Snappy Tickets is not responsible for the actions of the Event Organiser concerning your personal data.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
Snappy Tickets will keep your Personal Data for no longer than reasonably necessary to assist us in responding to customer booking queries or any charge disputes that may arise.
If you choose to delete your account with us we will immediately delete your user profile which contains your name, address, phone, email address and other personal information you provided to us when setting up your account. Any data associated with online orders will be kept in order to continue processing those orders on behalf of the Event Organisers.
Your Rights and your Personal Data
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Data held by Snappy Tickets, please contact us via the ‘Contact‘ page.
Under GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right of access to the Personal Data held
- Right of rectification if incorrect data is held
- Right to erasure (may be subject to the booking contract and retention periods)
- Right to object to processing
To instigate any of your rights under GDPR, you must contact the Event Organiser (the Data Controller), who is responsible for how your Personal Data is used. Snappy Tickets can either provide you with contact details for the Event Organiser or will forward your request on your behalf.
To exercise any relevant rights, queries or complaints regarding Snappy Tickets and the handling of your Personal Data, please contact:
Depending on your query, we may need to forward your request to the Event Organiser, who is the Data Controller and responsible for how your Personal Data is handled.
How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with how your personal data has been processed by Snappy Tickets, you may, in the first instance, contact us using the contact details above.
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted by phone on 0303 123 1113 or via their online notification system at www.ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/